Vuba 40mm Cellular Grid Base for Resin Bound Systems - per m2 (VubaGrid)
Build Your Product
This is a required field.
9 x 333mm Grids (1m2)
Resin bound has to be laid on to some form of base. If you've got existing concrete or Tarmac then great, but what if you don't...
Vubagrid is an interlocking, honeycomb cellular grid that is laid directly on a compacted stone and in-filled with gravel.
Laid directly on to a Type 1 or 3 base, filled with compacted aggregates and overlaid with resin bound, Vubagrid has every advantage over alternative sub-bases:
Cheaper than alternative bases
Same day overlay - no waiting for cure times
No messy concreting / asphalting
Load capacity of 150 tonnes per m2
40mm thick - less excavation required
Made from 100% recycled plastic
You purchase Vubagrid by the 1m2. Each m2 contains 9 tiles which interlock together on top of a Type 1 or Type 3 MOT Base. First lay a membrane on top of the MOT Base to help prevent weed growth.
The interlocking grid should be laid on to the base, and filled with 5-10mm shingle and compacted well.
You can then lay your resin bound surfacing on top of the grid, achieving a completely SUDS Compliant permeable base, without the usual mess, hassle and waiting of a normal base system.
Order VubaGrid along with the rest of your resin bound surfacing for free delivery. Contact us for bulk quotations - we will not be beaten on price.
Each 1m2 contains 9 VubaGrid paving grids, each measure 333mm x 333mm.
Here is a brief set of instructions for installing the base required for a resin bound surfacing system:
1. Create a base layer of a minimum 150mm depth of well compacted Type 1 or Type 3 granular sub-base. Lay a permeable membrane on to the compacted sub base to help prevent weed growth.
2. Place cellular grid units on to the prepared and consolidated surface with spikes downward. Edging boards or kerbs can ben used where required.
3. Connect the pavers using ground spikes or loops, progressing over the area in rows.
4. The cellular grid can be cut using a hand saw or power saw to fit around curves and obstructions.
5. Fill the pavers to the top of the cells with the 5 to 10mm decorative. If required, use a light vibrating plate to consolidate the aggregate into the cells. Top up cells with aggregate as necessary. Fully rounded 'pea gravel' is not recommended.
5. The surface is ready to be overlaid using a resin bound surfacing system.