VubaGrid - Cellular Paving Grid (Per 1m2)
VubaGrid is a Heavy Duty Cellular Paving Grid capable with a loading bearing capacity of 320 Tonnes per m2.
VubaGrid is cheaper, easier and less weather dependent than other load bearing solid bases such as concrete or asphalt (Tarmac).
VubaGrid is supplied in m2 squares, made up of honeycomb sections capable of adapating to the natural cambers of the sub-base. VubaGrid is 40mm thick, manufactured by our Exclusive Partners using 100% Recycled Plastic.
Most commonly used to hold Gravel in place and prevent running on Driveways; or as a Base for Resin Bound Surfacing. As a Resin Bound Base, VubaGrid is 100% SUDS Compliant.
you need to
VubaGrid is a Heavy Duty Cellular Paving Grid capable with a loading bearing capacity of 320 Tonnes per m2. VubaGrid is cheaper, easier and less weather dependent than other load bearing solid bases such as concrete or asphalt (Tarmac).
VubaGrid has 3 common types of use:
1. To hold loose gravel in place for Driveways and Car Parks. The VubaGrid prevents rutting and displaced aggregate.
2. To hold decorative gravel in place to be treated with Easihold Pour On Resin Binder. This is highly effective for pedestrian traffic.
3. As a base for Resin Bound Surfacing. VubaGrid is filled with angular stone and can be overlaid using a Resin Bound System.
For use as a base on Resin Bound Surfacing, VubaGrid has many advantages over traditional Asphalt (Tarmac) or Concrete Bases:
> Permeable Throughout
> Installed in All Weather
> Same Day Base and Resin
> 1 Order, 1 Delivery with Resin
> Much Less Mess
> No Waiting for Curing Times
VubaGrid is supplied in m2 squares, made up of honeycomb sections capable of adapating to the natural cambers of the sub-base.
VubaGrid is 40mm thick, manufactured by our Exclusive Partners using 100% Recycled Plastic.
A Resin Bound System installed on the VubaGrid system is fully SUDS Compliant.
Vuba is an Award Winning Manufacturer of Hard Landscaping products. Established in 2009, Vuba has grown as a result of excellent prices, quality products and a dedication to customer service. We believe our value proposition is the best in the market for each product we offer.
For vehicular traffic, we recommend the following installation guidelines.
1. Excavate or clear the site in preparation for the laying procedure as detailed below. Lay an MOT Type 1 or Type 2 base and ensure it is fully compacted.
3. Cover area with a Geotextile filter membrane to prevent growth of weeds.|
4. Install a bedding layer of 30mm from sharp to prevent damage to the textile membrane. Compact the bedding layer using a vibrating plate.
1. Lay out the VubaGrid system, ensuring there are no voids or gaps beneath the grid system.
2. Place cellular grid units on to the prepared and consolidated surface with spikes downward. Edging boards or kerbs can ben used where required.
3. Connect the pavers using ground spikes or loops, progressing over the area in rows.
4. The cellular grid can be cut using a hand saw or power saw to fit around curves and obstructions.
5. Fill the pavers to the top of the cells with the 5 to 10mm angular stone.
6. Use a light vibrating plate to consolidate the VubaGrid and aggreate in-fill. Top up cells with aggregate as necessary. Fully rounded 'pea gravel' is not recommended.
7. The surface is ready to be left for usage; treated with Easihold or overlaid using a Vuba Resin Bound surfacing system.
1. Where vehicular traffic is to be present, it is recommended the entry point is kerbed to prevent impact damage on the VubaGrid.
2. Edging would also be necessary around the perimeter of the installation to prevent lateral movements and for aiding gravel/aggregate retention.
Watch the Vuba Channel...
|Gasoline/ Diesel Resistance||Resistant|
|Minimum Application Temp||-20oC|
|Maximum Application Temp||+65oC|
|Suitable Substrates||Compacted MOT Type 1 or Type 3|
|Curing Schedule Guide||NA|
your handy work! Leave
Please leave a review including photos! We love to hear from our customers, and see the fantastic projects they complete. You can also review us on Trust Pilot and Google! If you'd like your project to be seen by our staff or featured on our social media channels, please email in any images to firstname.lastname@example.org.