Vuba PVA Flake Blends (WANDERLUST Flakes)
Watch the Vuba Channel...
The Vuba WANDERLUST Range of PVA Flake Blends, also known as Chip Blends or Fleck Blends, are an integrally pigmented additive for floor or wall coating systems.
Our WANDERLUST blends blends have been especially formulated to give our customers the best flake surface - our blends are so popular they have been exported all over the world! You can also buy our flakes as Individual Colours, in Metallic form or even as a blend of Metallic and PVA Flakes!
Not seen the flake blend you would like for your floor? No problem, contact us and we can create a flake blend especially for you!
Our PVA flake colours add a excellent finishing touch to floor paint or resin flooring systems, and are used widely in domestic, commercial and even industrial environments!
Our WANDERLUST Flakes are supplied in 1kg bags.
1kg of Flakes will cover:
1m2 to 1.5m2 at full coverage
2.5m2 to 3.75m2 at 50% coverage
5m2 to 7.5m2 at 25%
Vuba PVA flakes are applied on to flooring systems by hand (most popular) or by hopper. We will advise on the by hand process here:
1) You should be equipped with a pair of spiked shoes for this application process.
2) Wait until a reasonable area of flooring has been completed already, ready to receive the flakes.
3) Broadcast the PVA Flakes into the air first, not scattering in a downward motion. Be careful of flakes spilling out of your container and over covering in the areas from where you are broadcasting.
4) Move around whilst you broadcast the flakes on to the floor to aid an event application.
5) You should mark out the area you believe your flakes will cover before commencement, and keep a note of progress throughout.
6) Once applied, leave the PVA chips until the following day and the flake floor system has cured. For fully covered flake floor systems, you can now vacuum the floor to remove loose flakes.
7) For PVA flakes you can lightly sand the surface to remove any 'nibs' from protruding flakes.
8) For a most successful application, we would recommend applying a 150 micron sealer over the surface, such as our Duraseal sealer available in matt, silk or gloss.