Vuba Metallic Flake Blends (COSMIC Flakes)
The Vuba COSMIC Range of flakes is a range of Metallic Flakes, also known as MICA Chips, are a specially formulated flakes manufactured from silicate materials designed to enhance the appearance of any floor coating or resin system.
Our Vuba COSMIC Metallic Flakes are typically used with epoxy floor coatings to create a unique floor coating finish. Our highly popular metallic flakes can be purchased on this page, or alternatively, you can purchase them as part of a PVA and Metallic blend on the relevant product page in this category.
Our Metallic Flakes are an excellent addition to any flooring system, capable of transforming floor surfaces. Our metallic flakes are also commonly used on bar tops, furniture and any other surface you can imagine!
The Vuba COSMIC Metallic Flakes are supplied in 1kg bags.
1kg of Metallic Flakes will cover:
0.5m2 to 1m2 at full coverage
1.25m2 to 1.875m2 at 50% coverage
2.5m2 to 3.75m2 at 25%
Vuba Metallic Flakes are applied on to flooring systems by hand (most popular) or by hopper. We will advise on the by hand process here:
1) You should be equipped with a pair of spiked shoes for this application process.
2) Wait until a reasonable area of flooring has been completed already, ready to receive the flakes.
3) Broadcast the PVA Metallic Flakes into the air first, not scattering in a downward motion. Be careful of flakes spilling out of your container and over covering in the areas from where you are broadcasting.
4) Move around whilst you broadcast the flakes on to the floor to aid an event application.
5) You should mark out the area you believe your flakes will cover before commencement, and keep a note of progress throughout.
6) Once applied, leave the PVA Metallic Chips until the following day and the flake floor system has cured. For fully covered flake floor systems, you can now vacuum the floor to remove loose flakes.
7) For a most successful application, we would recommend applying a 150 micron sealer over the surface, such as our Duraseal sealer available in matt, silk or gloss.
The date named by Vuba Supplies for delivery is given and intended as an estimate only and Vuba Supplies shall not be liable to make good any damage or loss whether arising directly or indirectly out of a delay in delivery. Deliveries are made using a reliable nationwide carrier. Although over 99% of consignments arrive on time, we recommend that no labour is employed to undertake work until materials have arrived on site.
We send out all orders on a 24 hour service. The cut off point for same day dispatch is generally 12pm, so please contact us if ordering in the afternoon and require urgent dispatch. Some products may be made-to-order or out of stock and therefore take longer to process. In these instances you will be notified by telephone.
UK Delivery Costs (Excl. VAT):
£0 - £100: £15.00
£100 - £250: £20.00
£250 - £500: £30.00
Over £500: FREE
Islands and N Ireland Delivery (Excl. VAT):
Add £5 for Isle of Wight (standard delivery)
Add £10 for Northern Ireland (standard delivery)
Add £25 for Scottish Highlands (standard delivery)
Add £30 for Scottish Offshore Islands & Channel Islands (standard delivery)
Add £65 for Isle of Man (standard delivery)
We can deliver to anywhere in the world from our factory in the UK. Please see our International Sites or email email@example.com for a quotation.
All deliveries are fully insured without additional charge to you.
Contact us on the specified delivery date in your order confirmation. For most orders we will send a tracking number with the order confirmation.