Brittany Bronze 2-5mm 25kg
you need to
This is a 25kg bag of washed and dried aggregates that can be used in the following ways:
Just Aggregate - You can buy this aggregate as part of a custom 4 Bag Trade Kit, or to top up your existing aggregate stock to make up a blend. Each bag is 25kg in size.
Resin Bound DIY Kit - You can select the option to add the 1.88kg Valtex Resin Binder to your aggregate, and you have a single ready made Resin Bound Kit which will cover approximateltly 1m2 on to a hard surface.
Easihold Stone Mix Kit - You can select the option to add 2.5 Litres of Easihold to your aggregate, and you then have a kit which can be laid on to almost any surface at 20mm thick and cover 0.75m2, and be used as a path or patio surface.
Each option is available in the Build Your Product Section adjacent.
25kg of aggregate
Resin Bound DIY Kit:
1.88kg Resin (7.5% Resin : Aggregate Ratio - Very High)
= 26.88kg Kit
Each kit will cover approximately 1m2 at the advised 15mm thickness.
Easihold Stone Mix Kit:
2 x 25kg Aggregate
5 Litres of Easihold Binder
= 55kg Kit
Each 55kg Stone Mix kit will cover 0.75m2 at the advised 20mm thickness.
A Genuine and Ethical Manufacturer
We manufacture a range of aliphatic polyurethane resin binders, for use in the encapsulation of natural aggregates. These are tested to BS-2782. Our Ethos is:
Best in Class Quality
Best in Class Quality
The Paving Expert said of our Resin Bound Range ‘In my humble opinion….the best product is the resin bound range from Vuba’. This review was based on attending The Landscape Show 2019, where we also were nominated for The Best Product 2019.
Best on price for the highest quality products. We offer 7.5kg UVR Resin Kits from £41.999 up to £47.99 depending upon quantity – less than the industry price for a 6.5kg Underbound Non Compliant Kit. How can we do this? Because we manufacture resin and sell directly the contractor online and on our telesales line. We are the only manufacturer of resins that directly sources our resin bound aggregates also.
How are we Ethical?
We only produce Aliphatic UV Stable Resin Binders, and FeRFA Compliant Resin Kits. We support the growth of the resin bound industry through quality, reliable products that give our customers real value. We support the long term growth and reputation of resin bound surfacing.
At Vuba, We Promise…
- The cheapest products of equal quality in the industry
- To match any cheaper quotation like for like
- We do not re-label other people's products
- We are not a middle man for either stone or resin
- We are not new to resin systems and their applications
Your Resin Bound Partner
We provide a dedicated Account Manager for our contractor’s and regularly customers. We aim to give industry leading advice and help, so your project is successful.
Here’s how we support our contractors…
Next Day Delivery As Standard
A Dedicated Account Manager
Industry Leading Products
Extensive Testing & Product Trialling
Huge Amounts of Stock
UK Exclusive Aggregate Blends
A Single Source Supplier
We are Well Known, Trusted and Awarded
Work with a manufacturer who is known to your customers.
Re-assure your customers with…
Our Technical Datasheets and Extensive Testing
Largest Social Media Following in the World
Award Winning and Exclusive Products
Millions of Views on our Youtube Resin Channel
£2m Worth of Installation Enquiries in 2019
Stone Mix Kits:
When considering your base, you should think about 'is this base strong enough for my intended purpose? The base is of less importance with Stone Mix than Resin Bound, as Stone Mix is also a wearing course.
We would recommend the ideal substrate to be a compacted hardcore, or other stablised surface should as concrete, existing paving, macadam etc. We would advise the inclusion of a permeable membrane beneath the system to prevent growth of weeds.
Resin Bound Kits:
Before application of an Asphalt / Tarmac base, concrete or cellular grid, there should be in place the correct sub-base. This would be a minimum 150mm depth of well compacted Type 3 granular sub-base to SHW clause 805, or 4/40mm, 4/20mm crushed aggregate to BS EN12620 or locally available secondary or recycled aggregates which comply with the above specification blinded with 2/6.3mm graded crushed concrete aggregate to BS EN12620.
1. Concrete bay proportions should be ideally 1:1 and should not be greater than 3:2, long narrow strips of concrete will crack across the bay width and these cracks are likely to be mirrored in the surfacing.
2. Open bay joints are likely to cause cracking in the surfacing and formation should be prevented by application of Polycrete repair mortar into the joints. Bays should be linked with steel mesh reinforcement, or if already in place, a surface grade mesh should be embedded in the surface using an epoxy bedding coat.
3. Ensure that the concrete has a minimum design strength of C35 and that the concrete has a minimum compressive strength of 25N/mm2 before the surface is prepared, in accordance with BS 8500-2:2015.
Ensure that falls are in place to an adequate drainage system when applying to an impermeable concrete base. Water will flow through the Valtex system and run across the concrete surface.
Asphalt (Bituminous Macadam):
The bitumen binder of asphalt concrete must have a pen value no greater than 100/150, when tested in accordance with EN 1426 Needle Penetration Test. It is advisable to use a harder grade of bitumen when machine application is possible and 70/100 pen (or harder) is preferred.
Bituminous materials with a higher pen value will be too soft and may deform in warm weather. Adequate compaction of the sub-base and base is essential to prevent cracking. A minimum 1 tonne “sit on” roller should be used when possible and the contractor must ensure that the construction is fully restrained at all edges to ensure dimensional stability.
Rainwater will flow through the permeable Valtex Resin Bound System, and through the open grade binder course. An integral drainage system is not required.
We would recommend to use a cellular grid of 40-50mm in depth. The grid should be set on to a well compacted sub-base as laid out above. The cellular grid should then be filled with well compacted 4/10mm graded crushed aggregate to BS EN12620. The in-fill aggregate must be compacted to ensure the profile of the cellular grid is still visible, and capable of bonding to the resin bound system.
Failure to compact the stones within the grid correctly will result in a slump of the resin bound material through the grid, causing delamination.
Protect all edges abutting soft landscaping with brick, steel, timber or concrete to prevent damage to the surfacing. Edgings should be securely fixed to prevent movement. A flexible joint filler should be used at edgings where there is potential for movement to separate the surfacing from the edging.
Prepare concrete by mechanical means to provide a sound, clean, dry substrate that is free from laitance and suitable for application of the resin bound surfacing. Concrete should be primed prior to application using our Easiprime or Epiprime (and seeded with a 1.4 - 1.8mm quartz).
Asphalt (Bituminous Macadam) Preparation:
Allow the asphalt to oxidise for 7 days prior to application of the Valtex Resin Bound Surface. It is not a requirement to prime asphalt surfaces.
Use as a decorative stone or alternatively within a Resin Bound Trade Kit. A Resin Bound Trade Kit is typically made up of the following:
4 x 25kg Aggregate
1 x 5kg Binder Aggregate
1 x 7.5kg UV Stable Resin
These Trade Kits are available here. You can purchase this aggregate to create your custom kit.
Resin Bound DIY Kit:
1. Scrape all of the contents of the Hardener B and component Resin A into a suitable bucket and mix with a slow speed drill (≤ 450RPM) and MR2 paddle mixer attachment for 60-90 seconds.
2. Slowly add the 25kg Aggregate Kit whilst mixing, and mix for approximately 2 minutes until the resin has fully encapsulated the stone.
3. Finish the surface with a suitable float. Vuba Solvent should be used if required to clean trowel before applying a closing finish to the resin bound surface. Close compaction is vital to prevent stone loosening.
4. If required for added slip resistance, immediately cast Crushed Glass onto the top surface of the wet resin and aggregate, at the rate of approximately 0.1kg/m2. Ensure even coverage to prevent a patchy appearance.
5. Allow to to reach full cure after approximately 24-72 hours temperature dependent.
Easihold Stone Mix:
1. Ensure the base is suitable as per guidance above.
2. Pour the aggregate and Easihold into a bucket or container at a ratio of 1 Part Easihold to 10 Parts Aggregate. So you could add 2 Litres of Easihold to 20kg of Aggregate.
3. Shake / Mix the Easihold resin liquid with the aggregate until the aggregate is fully coated.
4. Pour the Stone Mix kit out at 20-25mm thickness and allow to dry for 48 hours.
5. Do not lay in inclement weather because liquid Easihold can be washed away.
Watch the Vuba Channel...
|Mixed Resin : Aggregate Ratio||Resin Bound: 1.88kg Mixed Resin : 25kg Aggregate Stone Mix Kit: 5 Litres Easihold to 50kg Aggregate (1 Part Easihold to 10 Parts Aggregate)|
|Resin A : Isocyanate B Ratio||120% Resin A : 100% Isocyanate B|
|Country of Manufacture||United Kingdom|
|Suitable Substrates||Concrete, Tarmac, Existing Paving etc.|
|Recommended Thickness||15mm for Resin Bound DIY and 20mm for Stone Mix Kit|
|Suitable Resin Binder||1.88kg Valtex Resin / 5 Litres Easihold|
your handy work! Leave
Please leave a review including photos! We love to hear from our customers, and see the fantastic projects they complete. You can also review us on Trust Pilot and Google! If you'd like your project to be seen by our staff or featured on our social media channels, please email in any images to firstname.lastname@example.org.